Friday, March 25, 2011

THE BURMESE HARP (1956, JAPAN)



My own personal March movie madness. My goal is make 31 posts in 31 days about 31 movies. They all must be non-U. S. films that I haven’t seen before. Why do I make this stipulation? Don’t know exactly, by we all have to have goals, don’t we?

Day twenty-five, from the Constitutional Monarchy of Japan
The Burmese Harp (1956)

You know, Kurt Vonnegut said making an anti-war film was like making an anti-glacier film. I guess he's right. I guess you'll never stop it. But you gotta fight for peace. Hey, that's funny. Fight for peace. That expression seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. Too many blogs in a row. Beautiful film, though. See it. It may inspire you to join a monastery, learn to play Home on the Range on a harp or at least buy a parrot. Love the music in this film. Did I mention this was a beautiful film? I think I did. Too many films in a row, though. At least I'm seeing good films. How do actual film critics do it? I mean how are they able to watch all those romantic comedies in succession? Feel bad for them. Final words on Burmese Harp: Beautiful film. Did I say that already?

No comments:

Post a Comment