Thursday, October 17, 2013

HOLD ME WHILE I'M NAKED (1966)


Experimental/Avant Garde Cinema Week Day 4



There are several experimental or avant garde films on the 1001 movie list. In trying to figure out how to deal with them, I decided that the best way for me to handle these often tough nuts to crack is just watch them and try to answer ten basic questions about them on my personally devised standardized test. So let us continue with...

Hold Me While I'm Naked

1. What happens?
A filmmaker is making a movie and seems quite content with his finished product. However, some of his cast memembers are not so happy. One of his actresses thinks that he is filming her without clothes too much and quits. The filmmaker goes home and takes a shower before his mother makes him lunch.

2. Was it heavy? Did it achieve total heaviosity?
There was some heaviness to it, though I didn't have much trouble lifting it.

3. What was your favorite part?
(Tie) Naked blonde in the shower
or
Filmmaker's mother cooks him lunch

4. What was your least favorite part?
Felt sorry that a bird died.

5. Did you get it?
I think so.

6. Might the viewing experience have been enhanced from either prescription or non-prescription medication of some kind?
Possibly, though the jury is still out on that one.

7. What about the sex?
Shots of boobs in the shower (not in the shower of the filmmaker) and behind stained glass.

8. What about the violence?
Nothing other than the bird dying.

9. Describe this film in one sentence starting with "This is the film..."
"This is the film where a visionary tries to make a profound artistic statement, yet the essence of his dreams remain ultimately unfulfilled"
or
"This is the film where there are several good boob shots in the shower!"
(Choice of description dependent on who I'm talking too)

10. Would you watch it again?
I watched it again already. And you may think it was just because of the boob shots in the shower, but I was really just trying to get more meaning out of it...I'm serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment